Some People Spreading Some Good Company!

on Sunday, March 3, 2013

Check Out The Original Post Here.

This package came in the mail...
My name is Kelly and I work at a non-profit organization in Nevada that provides support and services for families of children diagnosed with cancer. A stranger from Ohio sent me this package after he found out about our organization.

Meet Deliliah

Meet Deliliah
He told me about some very special cards he put inside the package, so I invited a friend of mine to the office. Her name is Deliliah. Delliliah lost her brother Jackson to Neuroblastoma, a form of childhood cancer, in April of 2012.

Opening the package...

Opening the package...
Like any 5 year old, Delilah was excited to see what was inside…

20 promises.

20 promises.
Inside the package were “promise cards” for 20 children who have been diagnosed with cancer. Each one of the cards said “I will get you a ticket to Disneyland.” Alex, the man who sent the package, said he started using promise cards after his father passed away of small-cell lung cancer on September 4th, 2012. He said that his dad was always good with his word and that the cards were a memorial to him.

:)

:)
Deliliah has been through a lot, but she keeps smiling. She misses her brother and knows that there are a lot of kids out there who are suffering through cancer. Many of their families cannot afford to go to Disneyland. From everyone at Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada, we want to say thank you to Alex for working to raise this money. We’re looking forward to seeing you and those tickets on March 21st :)
Alex addressed one extra promise card to me. He also sent us some extra "because I said I would" promise cards for our staff to use in our personal lives. He sends 10 cards to anyone who requests them at no cost. Visit http://www.facebook.com/becauseisaidiwould and message Alex to get yours today. If you would like to help Alex in his goal, donations can be made to the link below. Be sure to put "because I said I would" in the Special Occasion field: http://www.candlelightersnv.org/donate.asp

0 comments:

Post a Comment